Saturday, February 11, 2012

Personalized Valentines Cards

In no particular order, here are some useful cards for Valentine's Day.  Collect them.  Trade them with friends.  Share them with someone you love. 
Thanks to nephew James for starting the creativity ball rolling with this one:

I select you, naturally.


You're the gorilla my dreams. 
(I know this isn't really that clever, but it's the first one that made me laugh.  Probably in the third grade.)


I'm crazy about you; I'd be crazy without you.
(Obligatory psychology one for my soon-to-be-PhD wife)


Sending you Love waves for Valentines!
(In case anyone wants to send this to our geologist son.  This could also be captioned, "The earth moves when I'm with you," or "You rock my world." Your choice.)


I'd search the universe to find you.
(In honor of Bethany who is spending her last Valentine's Day in New Mexico.)


 You make me glow. 
(In honor of granddaughter Grace AND New Mexico's radiological past--a two-fer!)


I will hold you as tight as baby toes.
(In honor of soon-to-be-walking granddaughter Alice.  It's not that clever, but is there anything as cute or grippy as baby toes?)


I scream, you scream, we all scream when we see the Good Humor man.
(In case anyone wants to send this to our son-in-law, Kit.  There's probably another caption in here about being so hot he melts ice cream, or something about a warm heart, but I'll leave the derivation of those to Lynne...)


 You keep me balanced. 
(In honor of my daughter who works in accounting for a group of NY charter schools.  Could also read, "It all adds up if you'll be mine.")



As for me, this one seems most nerdily appropriate:




Be mine, you will.
(For those of you that thought the previous one was clever or amusing, you might need to use the Jedi mind trick this year...)

Happy Valentine's Day.
You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment